Translate

Saturday 4 January 2014

just the beginning

I'm mid thirties and am probably in the best shape of my life, I absoloutely love running but there's one thing I can't go for a run without and thst is my music once I get that beat going, my legs are off hence the name
THE RAVING RUNNER. I love raveing and and running and when im out on the road i completely lose myself in the music,thats when the focus kicks in.
I've mostly done 10k events but in september I completed my first half marathon in 1h49mins
So this year im out to beat that and also beat my 10k times too.

I've decided to give myself a target of 1560km this year and ive made the smallest of dents in that already


 new years day 16:30 first run of the year
:surface:     road
:Distance    7.42 miles(12km)
:Time.         01:08
just recently ive been doing quite a bit of running in the dark and I must say its a pretty weird experiance but good all the same, armed with my music and my flashing light (to be sure im seen by negligent drivers) its almost like i've got my own little rave going on, had a good run but was already tired when I went out so I half expected to feel like crap when I got back but to my surprise I felt like I could still go on but the fact that I could hardly see anything the wind was picking up and the rain decided to start as soon as I went out by the time I reached the home straight (the last mile) it seemedva good time to head home, so i've made a bit of start on that mammoth target on the first day of the new year with an excellent run,
 onwards and upwards !

No comments: