Translate

Saturday 11 January 2014

That little bit extra

The raving runner

Not a bad go for a New Year's Day run but I wanted a bit more from my next run and I certainly got it. What made the difference between a good run and a great run was a simple choice of turning left or right, so I decided on taking a left turn,that spontaneous decision that meant pounding out an extra 3 1/2 miles I know what your thinking 3 miles is hardly breaking the the energy banks, but on top of the 7.4 miles I did a few days prior it was an uphill struggle or if your anything like me it was just a case of taking on another challenge, so right I went , with the mind set of pounding out a good solid run with the help of a few slammin tunes. I gotta be honest; when that tune that really does it for you comes on it just gives you that little bit extra.

I managed to complete my run with confidence and felt pretty good afterwards managing to get completely soaked and looking like I'd been dragged through the marshes......good wholesome muddy fun !

Date:        Sun 5th jan

Surface:   road and trail
Distance: 10.84 miles
Time:        01:33:57
Avg pace: 8:39 per mile

I have to say I was pretty pleased with that. My frequency of runs in the last 3 months has been quite irregular so I definitely need to step up my game a little.
Cue the next onslaught

Right let's get on to the tunes so many to choose from, so few miles to run to.
What really does it for me out on the road basically boils down to my top 10 artists in the rave scene.
In no particular order

DARREN STYLES:
 the guy is a legend and has produced some of the biggest tunes of the last 15-20 years,high energy beats sometimes hard and heavy but certainly uplifting and really makes you want to go for it, if you've had some clubland or ministry albums on the go then you have definitely heard some of his tunes but I urge each and every one of you to check him out,
Two mainstream albums  nine collaborations of clubland extreme more than 20 career awards and a passion for music that is off the scale !!!!
Albums:
SKYDIVIN 2 disc
FEEL THE PREASURE 2 disc
Clubland X-treme hardcore 1-9 3 disc
WEBSITES/social networking
www.darrenstyles.co.uk (official site)
www.soundcloud.com/darren-styles (tracks mixes and downloads)
TWITTER :     @darrenstylesuk
FACEBOOK:  Darren Styles

Top tune for me at the moment has got to be "WITHOUT YOU" Darren styles & Michael scout.
An emense tune  and deffinately worth a listen so do yourself a favour and check him out I'm pretty sure you won't regret it

HAPPY LISTNING AND HAPPY RUNNING
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS





No comments: